Different sleeping styles often require different types of pillows for comfort. Many side sleepers like to use a body pillow for extra support and comfort while they sleep. Body pillows come in various styles and are made of different materials so you can choose the one that best meets your needs for a good night’s rest.
A body pillow is longer than a standard pillow and is most often used as a comfort or security item during sleep. Many pregnant women also like to use a body pillow for extra support. When you’re choosing a body pillow it’s important to find one that’s made of quality materials. The following is a list of the 10 best body pillows for side sleepers based on consumer reviews.
10. Comfort-U Total Body Pregnancy Support Pillow
The Comfort-U Total Body Pregnancy Support Pillow was designed to provide extra comfort for pregnant women who often wake up feeling sore. This pillow can also be used by anyone who prefers side sleeping.
This pillow from Comfort-U is soft and supportive. It has a unique design that helps align your hips, neck, shoulders, and back to prevent pain and strain on the body while you sleep.
– made of premium synthetic down
– hypoallergenic and odorless
– pillow is machine washable
– can be arranged in several different ways depending on your needs
– made of durable materials that are soft to the touch
– continues to hold its shape even after extended use
– pillow is large and takes up a lot of space on your bed
– may not fit in smaller washing machines
This u-shaped body pillow from Comfort-U is ideal for use by pregnant women or anyone who prefers to sleep on their side. The shape of the pillow helps keep your body in proper alignment while you sleep to prevent pain and fatigue.
9. Milliard Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Full Size Body Pillow
The Milliard Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam pillow is full-size to provide your body with support for side sleeping. This pillow is affordable and made of high quality materials.
This body pillow form Milliard is designed to help keep you cool during the night. It has breathable materials and contains genuine shredded memory foam that’s designed to keep its shape even when used everyday.
– made of hypoallergenic materials
– pillow fits the width of a standard full-size mattress
– outer cover is removable for machine washing
– memory foam is soft but supportive
– bamboo cover is easy to remove
– works for side, back, and stomach sleepers
– entire pillow is not machine washable
– pillow may have an off-putting smell when first removed from the packaging
This body pillow from Milliard is an affordable option that can work for most types of sleepers, including side sleepers. The pillow has a removable bamboo cover that’s machine washable.
8. Coop Home Goods – Adjustable Body Pillow
The Coop Home Goods Adjustable Body Pillow confirms to your body while you sleep for maximum comfort. It also helps to keep your spine aligned so you can sleep comfortably and wake without neck and back pain.
This body pillow from Coop Home Goods is filled with a medium blended material made of memory foam and microfiber. It comes with a cozy cover that’s easy to remove and is machine washable.
– memory foam is certified by CertiPUR-US and GreenGuard Gold for safety
– can be used for people of all heights
– includes a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer
– cover can be removed easily for washing
– pillow is firm and supportive
– can be shaped for your personal comfort level
– only the cover is machine washable
– pillow may be to heavy for some people
This pillow from Coop Home Goods is versatile and can be used for all types of sleepers. It offers support for the entire body when sleeping on your side so you don’t have to worry about pain when you wake up.
7. Triple Cloud Body Pillow
The Triple Cloud Body Pillow has a comfortable design that works well for anyone who prefers to sleep on their side. This pillow would also be a good option for pregnant women who need extra support while they sleep.
This body pillow from Triple Cloud fits a 20″ by 54″ pillow cover that can be purchased separately. This pillow contains shredded memory foam that you can move around to create a pillow that’s most comfortable for you.
– pillow is designed to never go flat
– breathable pillow cover helps keep you cool all night
– allows you to sleep on your side or back with proper spine alignment
– can be used for sleeping, reading, or just relaxing in bed
– breathable materials keep you from overheating at night
– shredded foam interior is very soft but also supportive
– has a smell when first removed from the packaging
– pillow comes compressed and needs some effort to be fluffed up before use
This body pillow from Triple Cloud is ideal for anyone who needs extra body support while sleeping. It can be washed in the washing machine for convenience.
6. Utopia Bedding Ultra Soft Body Pillow
The Utopia Bedding Ultra Soft Body Pillow comes in a bulk pack of 6 which makes these pillows very affordable. The pillow supports the hips, spine, and neck for proper alignment to prevent pain and strain while you sleep.
This set of pillows from Utopia Bedding can be used during pregnancy to provide that extra element of support that’s needed for a good night’s rest. The pillows are also great for anyone who prefers to sleep on their side.
– size of pillow is 20″ by 54″
– uses ball fiber filling which is soft but also supportive
– outer shell is made of 100% cotton
– double stitched edges make the pillow secure and long-lasting
– entire pillow can be machine washed
– pillow is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites
– this set comes with 6 pillows which may be more than most people need
– pillow is very firm which may not work for anyone who prefers a softer pillow
This pillow set from Utopia Bedding includes 6 body pillows. The pillow cover is made of 100% cotton and the entire pillow is hypoallergenic. The pillow is machine washable.
5. BioPEDIC Premium SofLOFT 20-by-54 Inch Body Pillow
The BioPEDIC Premium SoftLOFT body pillow measures 20″ wide by 54″ long which makes it ideal for people of nearly any height. This pillow includes a high quality cover with a thread count of 240.
This body pillow from BioPEDIC is generously filled with a fiber material that’s hypoallergenic. It can be used in many different ways for sleeping, lounging, reading, or watching TV in bed.
– includes a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty
– it’s filled with a soft material
– pillow can be spot cleaned as needed
– fiber filling is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial
– the cotton cover is soft and comfortable
– pillow is lighter than many other body pillows
– doesn’t contain memory foam
– this option is not firm and would only work for those who prefer a soft pillow
This body pillow from BioPEDIC is a budget friendly option that works well for anyone who prefers a softer pillow. The pillow cover is made from 100% cotton. The fiber filling inside the pillow is soft and cozy for all night comfort.
4. Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity Pregnancy Total Body Pillow
The Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity/Pregnancy Pillow was designed specifically to provide comfort and support to expecting mothers. This pillow is also popular among side sleepers who need extra support throughout the night.
This body pillow from Leachco has a unique shape that conforms to the entire body. The shape of the pillow means that it can take the place of several other pillows on your bed so you’re not always moving pillows around to get comfortable.
– includes a sham-style removable cover that can be washed in your washing machine
– pillow is designed to stay cool all night so you don’t overheat
– supports the neck, back, hips, and stomach
– follows the natural contour of your body for maximum support
– includes a removable/washable cover
– horseshoe shape on the head pillow allows you to choose the height that’s most comfortable
– pricier than many other body pillows
– this pillow takes up a lot of space on your bed
This body pillow from Leachco was originally designed to provide support to pregnant women. It has also gained popularity with side sleepers who are looking for extra support. The size of the pillow works with most heights.
3. Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
The Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow is 55″ long and is available in several color options. This pillow was designed for pregnant moms but it’s also very popular with side sleepers who are looking for a supportive pillow to prevent pain and fatigue.
This body pillow from Meiz is designed to replace many other pillows on your bed. It works well for anyone who uses multiple sizes and styles of pillows to get comfortable and find support while sleeping.
– includes a cozy velvet cover
– can be used to relieve symptoms associated with pregnancy, sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, and more
– supportive shape helps prevent tossing and turning
– can reduce the amount of pillows you need for support
– can be used for side sleepers, back sleepers, or for pregnant women who need support
– comes in several color options
– pillow is larger than most other body pillows and takes up a lot of space
– putting the cover back on after washing can be a challenge
This pillow from Meiz was originally designed to provide support for pregnant women but it also works for side sleepers or anyone looking for added support. It comes with a cozy velvet cover that can be removed for washing.
2. AllerEase 100% Cotton Allergy Protection Body Pillow
The AllerEase 100% Cotton Allergy Protection Body Pillow is designed for use by anyone who suffers from allergies related to dust mites and other household allergens.
This body pillow from AllerEase includes a plush cover that has a zipper so it can be easily removed for cleaning. The pillow is made with materials that help prevent the buildup of dust mites and other allergens for a better night’s sleep.
– includes a soft microfiber cover
– pillow measures 20″ by 54″
– has a 100% cotton allergen barrier
– can eliminate the need to use several different types and sizes of pillows
– ideal for use by side sleepers and pregnant women
– both cover and pillow are machine washable
– doesn’t help keep you cool like some other body pillows
– not as thick and supportive as some of the other options available
This body pillow from AllerEase was designed to reduce the buildup of allergens to prevent stuffiness and congestion for those who suffer from sensitivities to dust and other household allergens. The pillow and the included cover are machine washable.
1. Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Full Size Body Pillow
The Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Full Size body pillow is filled with shredded memory foam. This type of filling gives the pillow a firm texture and allows you to slightly adjust the firmness by shifting the filling around.
This pillow from Snuggle-Pedic features cooling materials that help prevent you from overheating while you’re asleep. This pillow works well for all types of sleepers and is especially comfortable for anyone who sleeps on their side.
– pillow has been rated No. 1 by many different sources
– filling inside the pillow is designed to never go flat
– resistant to dust mites and other allergens
– made with eco-friendly materials
– breathable cover helps keep you cool at night
– pillow is machine washable
– pillow may be too thick and heavy for some people
– stuffing can shift inside the pillow while you’re sleeping
This body pillow from Snuggle-Pedic has an allergen-resistant design to help you sleep better. The pillow is made with environmentally friendly materials and is machine washable.
A body pillow is not a pricey investment but it can be a great option for side sleepers who need extra support. Most body pillows are relatively firm but they do come in various softness levels. You can purchase a pillow case to fit your body pillow separately if it doesn’t include one. Some body pillows may be machine washable which can be very convenient. When shopping for the best body pillow for your bed it’s important to compare the different options. Some may be filled with memory foam while others use different types of stuffing. You may also want to check the size of the body pillows so that you fine one that can easily fit onto your bed. Body pillows work well for side sleepers and can also be utilized by pregnant women to provide comfort for the entire body. It’s helpful to read online consumer reviews from others who’ve purchased and used the different options you’re considering. These reviews can provide you with useful information on the comfort and quality of the different body pillows available.