When it comes to sewing machines, there are many types with various features. Some machines are designed for home use while others are better for commercial purposes.
If you sew a lot and make things to sell then you may benefit from having a commercial sewing machine. These heavy duty machines are designed to hold up to lots of usage and can be used for sewing many different items.
When choosing a commercial sewing machine you should be aware of the different features offered on the machines you’re considering. Commercial machines may be costlier than most standard sewing machines but they often have advanced features that make the sewing process quick and easy so you can complete your projects in a timely manner.
The following is a list of the 10 best commercial sewing machines based on consumer reviews.
10. Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
The Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine has several advanced features that make sewing easier. This machine has a dial that allows you to choose among the different stitch options and the jam-proof bobbin system helps save time and prevent frustrating jams.
This sewing machine from Janome would work well for light commercial use or for those who sew a lot at home. This machine is relatively affordable when compared to many other commercial machines and it has a smaller size so as not to require as much space.
- adjustable foot pressure lets you sew different types of fabrics
- free arm capability lets you sew pant legs or shirt sleeves
- includes many accessories
- features 18 different stitches
- comes with accessories for completing different projects
- automatic needle threader saves time
- not ideal for sewing leather and other thick fabrics
- changing the stitches can take some practice
This machine from Janome has many features and settings to help you sew a wide variety of fabrics. This machine includes needles, bobbins, and other accessories. The automatic needle threading feature and no-jam bobbin help to save time and effort when you’re sewing.
9. SINGER | Start 1304 6 Built-in Stitches
This basic sewing machine from Singer would be ideal for any beginner at sewing who wants to learn basic sewing skills to move onto bigger projects and a more advanced sewing machine. It’s easy to use and allows you to adjust the settings for different sewing projects.
This beginner sewing machine is compact and ideal for someone looking for a basic machine to learn how to use different stitches. It’s has an easy to use design that works well for those who’ve never sewn before. The machine is lightweight for storage.
- has 6 different stitches
- includes a built-in 4 step buttonhole
- quick and easy threading mechanism
- simple design makes it easy to choose among the 6 stitch options
- unit is lightweight and small
- stainless steel bedplate makes sewing quick and easy
- -not ideal for advanced sewing projects
- this machine likely wouldn’t work for experienced sewers as it doesn’t have as many settings
This basic sewing machine from Singer is designed for beginners who are learning how to use a sewing machine. It has 6 different stitch settings that can be easily changed with the dial. This unit is small and doesn’t require much space for storage.
8. Janome 7330 Computerized Sewing Machine Bundle
The Janome 7330 sewing machine bundle comes with everything you need to get started with your sewing projects. This sewing machine is computerized which allows you to easily adjust the various stitches and other settings.
This complete sewing machine set from Janome is ideal for those looking for a multi-functional machine to help you sew with 30 different stitches. The machine includes several accessories and also has a beautiful tote to keep the machine safe when not in use.
- features 16 utility stitches, 8 decorative stitches and 6 one-step buttonholes
- automatic features make the machine easy to use
- includes 14 needles
- computerized design makes choosing the different stitches easy
- complete bundle includes everything you need for sewing most projects
- can accommodate thicker fabrics
- can be challenging to figure out how to use the button hole feature
- machine may be shorter than some other options
This sewing machine from Janome has 30 stitches to help you sew on buttons, complete home decor projects, or mend your own clothing. The digital function makes it simple to choose the best stitch for the job you’re doing. Plus, the included tote allows you to safely store your machine when not in use.
7. Juki TL-2010Q
The Juki TL-2010Q has a large throat area of 8.5″ long by 5.9″ high to give you plenty of space to complete different types of projects. It has several features that make it functional for everyday use at home or for light commercial use.
This sewing machine from Juki is ideal for experienced sewers who need a machine that can keep up with many sewing projects. This machine can sew up to 1500 stitches per minute which allows you to easily complete your sewing in a timely manner.
- includes an LED light
- has an auxiliary table
- machine has a sliding speed control
- one pedal foot control and sliding speed control allow you to work at a comfortable speed
- dial makes it easy to change the stitch setting
- can sew quickly and make up to 1500 stitches in one minute
- has a higher price tag than many other machines
- user manual may not be helpful, especially to those who aren’t very experienced sewers
This sewing machine from Juki is ideal for anyone who needs to complete a lot of sewing projects in little time. The machine has several different stitches and allows you to choose the best option for your project using a dial on the side of the machine.
6. Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting machine is powerful enough to complete many complex sewing projects. This machine can even be used for quilting where most other standard sewing machines can’t.
This sewing machine form Juki features advanced box feed technology to reduce the manual effort you have to put into sewing, which also reduces time spent on a project. The machine also has several other advanced features which make it highly functional for the experienced sewer.
- can be used for light weight or thick weight materials
- allows for free motion sewing
- wide sewing space makes it easy to sew all types of fabrics
- extended sewing table makes sewing a breeze
- computerized function allows you to choose the best settings for your project
- includes a variety of accessories
- machine is heavier than some others
- higher price tag may not fit into your budget
This quilting and sewing machine from Juki is designed to provide maximum sewing power with a variety of stitches for those who are experienced in sewing. This machine comes with a lot of accessories to make it easy to complete a wide variety of projects at home or in a commercial setting.
5. SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9985 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
The Singer Quantum Stylist has computerized technology so you can easily choose among the different functional and decorative stitches. This machine is portable in size so you can easily store it away or take it with you as needed.
This sewing machine from Singer features an interactive color LED screen that provides an easy method to see the different settings. It’s ideal for those who sew custom projects for personal use or to sell. The different stitches make decorative sewing a breeze.
- includes many accessories
- has 960 stitches including builtin lettering
- can sew up to 850 stitches per minute
- machine can be used for standard fabrics and stretchy fabrics
- has 13 builtin buttonholes
- LED screen makes it easy to choose the best setting
- variety of settings may be too much for inexperienced sewers
- not as good for quilting as some other machines
This sewing machine from Singer can complete many different sewing jobs using different types of fabrics. The machine has a wide range of stitches that are both functional and decorative. It’s small size and light weight make it ideal for those with limited space for use or storage.
4. JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine
The JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine has updated technology that makes it easier for you to complete your projects. This machine comes with many settings that are ideal for a variety of sewing and quilting jobs.
This sewing machine from JUKI is made with quality materials including an aluminum die cast arm and bed which means lower vibration, and less noise, during use. It also includes an extension table which is ideal for larger sewing tasks.
- one pedal operation
- has LED lights
- can complete up to 1500 stitches per minute
- works quickly and efficiently
- features an automatic needle threader to save time
- includes several accessories for completing different jobs
- doesn’t have the same variety of stitches as other machines
- machine has a learning curve and isn’t ideal for inexperienced sewers
This professional grade sewing machine is ideal for quilting and sewing projects. It can use many different types of needles to sew thick fabrics and other challenging materials. The machine works quickly and can do up to 1500 stitches per minute.
3. Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
The Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine works well for commercial usage or at home usage if you find yourself frequently creating home decor items, repairing clothing, or do other sewing projects. This machine is relatively lightweight compared to some others.
This sewing machine from Janome includes a hard case for storage when the machine is not in use. The machine is made of durable parts including metal internal parts and an aluminum heavy duty body that’s designed to last.
- has 18 different stitch options
- includes 1-step buttonhole feature
- machine has thread tension adjustment
- lightweight and more compact that some other machines
- includes a carrying case for convenience
- comes with snap-on presser feet
- needles must be threaded manually
- not as many stitch options as some other machines
This sewing machine from Janome has a heavy duty design with metal working parts that are designed to hold up to lots of usage. The machine can be used for sewing and quilting projects. It has 18 different stitches to choose from.
2. SINGER | 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
This machine from Singer is ideal for anyone seeking a versatile machine that offers many different stitches for functional and decorative purposes. It has an affordable price tag and many advanced features that make it work for lots of different sewing tasks.
The Singer 7528 sewing machine includes a bonus accessory pack to help you get started with your sewing projects. This machine is relatively easy to use and would work well for a less experienced sewer. It also has plenty of features to satisfy the commercial sewer.
- has push button stitch selection
- provides you with over 100 different stitch options
- includes a limited 25 year warranty
- computerized design makes it easy to choose the right stitch setting
- automatically sets optimum settings for length, width, and tension
- includes an automatic needle threader
– computerized system can occasionally have errors that are hard to reset
– machine doesn’t have the same power as some of the larger machines
This sewing machine from Singer works well for the casual or beginner sewer. It also has many advanced features and functions to please those who sew professionally. It has a computerized screen that’s allows you to easily choose the right stitch for the job.
1. SINGER | | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
The Singer Quantum Stylish 9960 is a computerized and portable sewing machine that works well for professional or at-home usage. This machine features digital controls with a screen that makes it easy to select the various stitches and settings.
This sewing machine from Singer includes many accessories to work for different sewing tasks. It includes an extension table which is ideal when dealing with heavier fabrics or large projects. The machine also has many stitches for doing custom projects.
- has 600 stitch options
- includes an auto pilot mode
- automatic needle threader saves time and effort
– has 13 one-step builtin buttonholes
- includes various decorative stitches
- comes with many accessories including cording foot, quilting foot, all-purpose foot, and more
- some of the decorative stitches may be hard to use for beginners
- machine has a lot of advanced features that require some practice for inexperienced sewers
This sewing machine from Singer includes over 600 stitches and has a computerized design so you can easily choose the best option. The machine has a portable design that allows you to easily store it away when you’re not using it.
A commercial sewing machine can differ greatly from your traditional machine designed for light use at home. Commercial machines can be used for quilting, large projects, and sewing jobs where you need to get a lot of pieces done quickly.
Some commercial machines have a digital design that makes it easy to choose among the settings available. A quality commercial sewing machine will likely have settings designed for use with different projects and different fabrics.
This makes it easy to get your sewing projects done on time. It can also be helpful to read online reviews of the different commercial sewing machines available. These reviews can help you choose the machine that best meets your needs.