You may think of a mini bike as a gift for kids or younger teens, but there are actually several styles and brands of mini bikes that are designed for use by adults. Mini bikes are not only fun to ride, but they can also offer an exciting way for adults to spend time outdoors and explore the area in which you live.
When shopping for a mini bike designed for use by adults, it’s essential to find the right size so you can ride it comfortably. Mini bikes come in several sizes designed to work for different heights. They may also have weight limits which is another important consideration. The following is a list of the 10 best mini bikes for adults based on consumer reviews.
10. 50cc Gas Street Legal Scooter TaoTao ATM50-A1
The 50cc Gas scooter is completely street legal so you can ride it nearly anywhere. This scooter is fully automatic which makes it easy to drive, even for beginners.
This 50cc scooter from TAO is fueled by gas. It comes in a vibrant orange color and includes the matching trunk so you can easily carry your essential items with you wherever you go.
- has a maximum weight capacity of 225 pounds
- includes steel rims for durability
- CARB approved for use in California
- weighs 220 pounds which makes it sturdy
- street legal design means you can ride this scooter for fun or to run errands
- seat is comfortable and supportive
- unit is bulky and somewhat heavy when compared to others
- only available in orange
This fully automatic scooter from TAO can be ridden on the road so you can get anywhere. The scooter is easy to ride and includes a small trunk where you can keep items you may need.
9. Coleman Powersports 196cc/6.5HP CT200U-AB Gas Powered Mini Trail Bike
The Coleman Powersports mini trail bike was designed for teens and adults. This bike is compact so you can take it with you to trails and other places where you want to ride.
This mini bike from Coleman Powersports features a 5HP engine that’s both fuel efficient and powerful. It allows you to easily ride the trails all day without worry.
- includes an easy pull-start operation
- designed for use by riders ages 13 and older
- comes with a 4 stroke OVH 1 cylinder engine
- rugged design makes this bike durable for off-road use
- low pressure tires work well on most types of terrain
- has a maximum weight limit of 200 pounds
- not ideal for taller adults
- bike isn’t street legal
This mini bike from Coleman Powersports is ideal for teens and adults under 200 pounds. The bike has a rugged design and is made with durable materials so you can ride if off-road with ease.
8. TAO Dirt Bike DB10
The TAO Dirt Bike DB10 has a compact design with a powerful engine so you can easily ride on different types of terrain. This bike is available in several color options, including the featured blue color.
This mini dirt bike from TAO has a sturdy design which works well for teens and small adults. The bike is easy to ride and would make a good option for beginners.
- CARB approved for use in California
- includes a 110CC air cooled engine
- has a 1 gallon fuel capacity
- automatic design makes it easy to ride
- features a hand brake and foot brake for safety
- includes thick tread on the tires for easy off-roading
- small size makes it better for use with shorter adults or teens
- bike is not designed to be ridden on the streets in most states
This compact bike from TAO is easy to ride and fully automatic which makes it great for beginners. The bike has a 1-cylinder engine and on off-road sturdy design for use on many different types of terrain.
7. SYX MOTO Kids Mini Dirt Bike
The SYX MOTO Kids Dirt Bike has a rugged design and is available in blue, green, or red. This bike is very compact which makes it better suited to short adults or teens.
This dirt bike from SYX MOTO is easy to ride and fully automatic. This design makes it a good option for those who aren’t experienced in riding dirt bikes.
- seat height is 23″
- bike weighs only 48.5 pounds when the tank is empty
- includes an improved speed limiter for safety
- easy for inexperienced riders to learn on
- features a 2 stroke engine
- bike comes 85% assembled
- not ideal for use with adults over around 5 feet in height
- bike is not designed for riding on the street
This off-road mini bike from SYX MOTO was designed for kids, but can also work as a good choice for shorter adults who are just learning to ride. The fully automatic design makes this bike easy to control.
6. Taotao DB17 125cc Dirt Bike
The Taotao DB17 125cc dirt bike is compact and perfect for use by shorter adults, teens, or children. This bike features an air-cooled engine that’s designed to last through many hours of riding.
This mini bike is made with durable materials and has a rugged design that can stand up to off-roading. The bike is easy to ride and can work well for those who aren’t experienced in riding dirt bikes.
- bike is CARB approved for use in California
- includes hydraulic disc brakes for safe stopping
- 4-stroke 1 cylinder motor is powerful for off-road riding
- compact design makes this bike easy to travel with
- included tires have excellent tread specifically designed for use on difficult terrain
- more ground clearance than similar bikes for a better riding experience
- manual design may not be ideal for beginners
- requires some assembly before riding
This mini bike can be ridden by adults and teens. The bike has a better ground clearance than many other options similarly priced which means you can easily ride it on all types of terrain without issue.
5. Coleman Powersports CT200-AC Mini Bike
The Coleman Powersports CT200-AC Mini Bike is powerful and great for riding on trails and other terrain. This bike comes in a camo pattern or a bright red color scheme.
This mini bike from Coleman Powersports is compact in size but still a good option for adults or teens to ride comfortably. It’s easy to start and takes little maintenance.
- includes a simple pull-start operation for no hassle starting every time
- low pressure tires provide a smooth ride, even on rough terrain
- comes with a rear drum brake for reliable stopping
- comfortable seat has plenty of padding for support
- has a maximum weight capacity of 200 pounds
- sturdy metal frame is designed to last
- pricier than many other mini bikes from other brands
- bike requires some minor assembly and maintenance before you can ride it
This mini bike from Coleman Motorsports can hold up to 200 pounds safely. The bike is easy to ride and has a large comfortable seat. The tires are ideal for riding trails and other off-roading adventures.
4. Taotao DB14 110cc Dirt Bike Orange
The Taotao DB14 110cc dirt bike is available in several colors. This compact dirt bike is ruggedly designed so you can take it off-roading nearly anywhere.
This dirt bike is easy to ride, even for beginners. It would make a great starter bike for kids, teens, or adults who are learning to ride a dirt bike and need a simple bike.
- automatic transmission simplifies the riding process
- includes front and rear hydraulic disc brakes
- comes with a single cylinder 1-stroke engine
- seat height is 28″, which is taller than some other mini bikes
- rugged tires work well on all types of terrain
- has a maximum speed of 28 MPH
- heavier than some other dirt bikes
- may require more regular maintenance than other bikes in a similar price range
This mini bike has a 28″ high seat which works well for an average size teen or adult. The bike has an automatic transmission which makes it easy to ride, even for inexperienced riders.
3. Massimo MB200 Supersized 196CC Mini Bike
The Massimo MB200 Supersized 196cc mini bike has a rugged design with a camouflage color scheme. This bike comes mostly pre-assembled so you just need to attach the handlebars and add gas.
This bike from Massimo Motor features an air-cooled engine that allows you to go nearly anywhere. The bike has dual front suspension to cushion your ride on all types of terrain.
- includes a strong 200cc four stroke engine
- wide off-road tires work well on trails and other rugged terrain
- comes with a 6 months parts warranty
- bike is larger than many other mini bikes to work well for adults of nearly any size
- setup is quick and easy with minimal assembly
- has a weight limit of 200 pounds
- has drum brakes, which some riders may not like
- doesn’t include rear shocks
This mini bike from Massimo is designed for use with teens and adults who are 200 pounds and under. The bike is easy to ride and works well in rugged terrain.
2. SYX MOTO Kids Mini Dirt Bike
The SYX MOTO mini dirt bike is a budget-friendly option for those looking for an affordable bike for those who are new to dirt bike riding. This compact bike is a great beginner’s bike.
This dirt bike from SYX MOTO is available in the following colors: blue, green, or red. The bike includes a real engine that’s small but still powerful enough to take the bike on different types of terrain.
- comes with a 50cc engine
- fully automatic transmission makes learning to ride much easier
- includes a speed limiter for safety
- speed can be limited to 15 MPH with limiter or can be up to 30 MPH without limited
- seat height is 23″ which makes it ideal for those who are shorter than average
- includes front and rear disc brakes for safe and easy stopping
- small height may not be comfortable for those who are taller than average
- finding replacement parts may be challenging
This compact and affordable mini bike is a great option for small adults who are beginner’s at riding. The bike is easy to ride and has a safe design with durable brakes and a speed limiter.
1. Coleman Powersports Mini Bike
The Coleman Powersports Mini Bike comes in a vibrant red color. This compact bike is able to hold teens or adults and has a powerful engine to get you where you need to go.
This mini bike from Coleman Powersports is recommended for use by those ages 13 and older. The bike would work well for smaller adults and teens based on the seat height and weight limit.
- has a maximum weight limit of 150 pounds
- 34″ wheelbase is great for various types of terrain
- can run for up to 3 hours on a full tank of gas
- includes an easy pull start operation for a quick start each time
- low pressure tires provide a smooth ride on all surfaces
- fuel efficient design means you won’t have to refill frequently
- may not be a comfortable ride for adults who are taller than average
- bike isn’t CARB compliant for use in California
This mini bike from Coleman Motorsports is perfect for use by teens and shorter adults. The bike is easy to start and easy to ride which makes it a good option for inexperienced riders.
Mini bikes work well for those who live in a city and need a quick and affordable way to get around. They’re ideal if you don’t have the space for a car, or simply don’t need or want a full size vehicle. Mini bikes are relatively easy to ride and they use very little fuel. Some mini bikes are designed for off-road use for recreation. When shopping for a mini bike it’s important to compare the different options based on price and features.
If you plan on riding your mini bike on the road, it’s essential to find one that is street legal as not all mini bikes are designed for street use. Be sure to read up on the procedure to register and tag your new mini bike if it’s required in your state. Purchasing a mini bike can be a big decision as they aren’t cheap when compared to other compact vehicles like bikes and scooters so it’s important to do your research to find the best option for the money. It’s helpful to read online consumer reviews to help you find a well-made mini bike that’s designed to last and comfortable to ride.